Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Funny Things

Alright, now that I've had some time to rest, drink tea, and the lot I may as well update you all on the freaky shit that is my life.

I went to Maryland for a handful of days to celebrate my birthday with some friends up North (and my boyfriend). I didn't really think about him until the second night.

This is the farthest he's followed me so I think it's safe to say he's officially stalking me.

The hotel I was staying at, Hagerstown Con. Center has an abandoned house behind it. It's not a very big house, just a little stone one without any doors or windows so you can see right into it during the daytime. One night, as I was returning to the hotel and entering through a side door, I happened to glance over at that little house because I felt him.
And there he was, standing beside that house, making it seem even smaller than it already was. When he realized I had spotted him he tilted his head. After a while I waved at him and went inside.

I saw him again the next morning as I was leaving the hotel, through the same door. He was closer now, in the little field between the house and the hotel grounds - just staring. I waved again and got strange looks from my friends and boyfriend.
Who are you waving at?
Oh, a friend. He's over there.
They look but he's already gone. That's how he is sometimes.

I could feel him during most of my time up north, except for the day we went into DC to see the Smithsonian museums. (Air & Space and Natural History in case you were wondering. ) But he was back again that night.

Nothing happened out of the ordinary. Usually I saw him near that house, though sometimes I saw him in the trees on the highway as we were driving about.

Now I kind of wish I took the time to look at that little house. I was curious about it even before I saw him there, since I love old things and old ruins, but I was just too busy.
I guess my curiosity about that old house will never be sated.
Oh well, can't be helped. There was probably nothing of interest there anyways.

In summery: Yes, he followed me. Yes, we chatted some. No, nothing really interesting happened - I think, aside from me spotting someone who looked a bit peculiar - but that could've been my natural paranoia.

Anyhoo. Now you know.

~~X~~

*Edit*

Neat. I just realized this is my thirteenth post!
I love that number.

10 comments:

  1. Who looked a bit peculiar? What'd he/she look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (S)he didn't look too much out of the ordinary. Just someone wearing a hoodie. I couldn't tell the gender because the hoodie was baggy and they had it pulled up over their face.
    Then again, it was cold and kind of wet that day so that's not surprising.

    It's probably just my paranoia - some of it stemmed by the fact that my oh-so-tall stalker had said BEWARE when I saw that person.

    Nothing came of it. So, like I said, it was probably just my paranoia.

    ~~X~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoodie, hm... Was there an Operator symbol on it at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn... I was kinda hoping for an M sighting, since the guy's still AWOL from what I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where does M have the Operator symbol? Cause I only saw bits of that peculiar person. I didn't see his or her back.

    ~~X~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Xi, I don't think he ever said, but I would think it was somewhere obvious, so it might not have been him.

    @Noland, technically most runners who are actually running are. He has mentioned in his blog, before he vanished, that he wears a hoodie with an Operator symbol on it. Other than that, no one knows what he looks like much less where he's ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, like I said, I didn't see the symbol on that strange person. Although I did see it in some of the graffiti on walls along the metro-train-thingy we took to DC.

    ~~X~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn. Most of the more populated areas seem to have them now. Not that I'd know. I haven't left town much if not at all, not to mention that I haven't seen any at all here either.

    ReplyDelete