Monday, April 4, 2011

What's My Deal?

Alright, you already know who I am thanks to Kayomie's lovely starting post.

Yes, I am the one that "shit" is happening to.
This may sound crazy to some of you, but what do I care?

Alright then, diving right in...

I have a bit of a history with this Slenderman that everyone talks about. As a child I used to write short stories about him, though I called him Mr. Treeperson back then because he reminded me of a tree. He used to be my imaginary friend, of sorts, and for a long while I had forgotten him completely.

Lately though he has returned and has been showing up quite frequently in my dreams and, every so often, around my home. Usually he keeps his distance though but recently he broke the pattern.

I was having one of my typical zombie apocalypse dreams (yay!) when he showed up and the dream went wonky. The zombies were scared of him and ran off and I was left standing alone, in a forest with him. It seemed that, for some reason, he had protected me from them and I wasn't afraid of him. Then again, even as a child I never feared him. He picked me up and I shrieked, because I have a fear of heights, and clung to him so I didn't fall. He just tilted his head and stared at me. At least, I think he was staring. It's hard to tell with that non-face of his.

He wanted something from me, though I'm not sure what. I owed him. After a while I calmed down when I realized I wasn't going to fall. (That and getting into a scaring contest you're doomed to lose is always a good distraction from heights.) Once I was calm, his non-face cracked open and suddenly he had a mouth - or something like it since it was a bit Cheshire-ish - and this black... smoke-stuff came out of it and into me.

Then he sent me down and left. I was confused, naturally, but other than that I felt perfectly fine. My dream lasted a bit longer, mostly me standing around and trying to figure out what in the hell just happened, until my roommate woke me up.

I still feel normal but... things have gotten a bit stranger. I can hear him in my head now, though I can't understand him - yet. I can feel when he's nearby too.

I know it sounds odd to some, but I really do believe that Slenderman has been stalking me for some reason or another. I'm not sure what he did to me in that dream but I'm starting to believe that it has changed me somehow in the waking world.

He still doesn't scare me. Instead I see him as some kind of guardian. Perhaps that's just some childish folly leftover from when I was little, but I can't help how I feel.

There's more to everything. There's always more, but I think this is enough for now.

~~X~~

2 comments:

  1. ...Didja have to use an X for a sign out?... I'm paranoid of that letter now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry doll.
    I've just been using ~~X~~ for a while now. It's become a bit of a habit to use it.

    ReplyDelete