Friday, April 15, 2011

Lucky

I've heard more than once in the past, usually in regards to some accident that 'could've killed me' if I hadn't been so lucky.

It's not a matter of luck. It's preservation. Protecting your assets. He won't let me die, at least, not yet and as far as I can tell - not anytime soon.

He told me that I was lucky when he came to visit tonight. He told me I was lucky.
I don't really know how to take that, but he seemed to be a bit confused by it and I felt like he thought that I was some oddity. I felt like I was some experiment that hadn't gone the way he thought it would. Yet, at the same time, I think he was pleased with the results. No, I know he was pleased with the results.
Right now he isn't close by. I don't know where he is, but I feel a bit stretched (if that makes any sense) when he's far off like this. He's still talking with me, a bit, though he isn't answering all of my questions. He's been busy.

I asked him if he'll kill me someday and was surprised that he answered.
No, he tells me. Can't. Not anymore.
I asked him why and I swear, he laughed about it.
Can't say. Better not to know. You can't know.
Oddly enough, I'm perfectly alright with that answer. If he says that it's better for me to stay clueless about that, I suppose that it is. He doesn't really seem like the type to lie like that. That and it's not like I fear death.

Still... It's interesting to be having a telepathic conversation, if you can even call it a conversation, with something like him.

~~X~~

12 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful thing... really, it is. You should definitely feel privileged. Bastard. He never showed up lastnight when we needed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is beautiful - if in a bit of a twisted manner. Then again, I've always had a thing for the twisted. I do feel privileged.

    He's a contrary things at times. I don't know where he was or what he was doing when you needed him. I suppose he was busy elsewhere or maybe he felt that you didn't really need him?
    I don't know. I'm still learning to understand him....

    Maybe he'll show up to help next time you need him. Maybe it's just a matter of timing.

    ~~X~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he was causing those fires in/around town? They've had to evacuate a good chunk of town to make sure nobody gets hurt. Not that the fucking wind is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the wind's pretty bad this year. And the fact that we haven't been getting any rain lately doesn't help. That and we don't have enough moisture in the air to catch any rain.

    Any little fire would just be grabbed by the wind and spread like mad.

    Sounds like something he would have fun taking advantage of...

    ~~X~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understatement. Seriously, if I was any lighter, I don't think I'd be able to get from my work to my freaking car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling. When I go out, I'm afraid I'll blow away! It's absolutely nuts.
    I think this is the worst winds we've had in years.

    ~~X~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. And if it weren't for the grass, we'd have a damn dust storm... Never thought I'd be thankful for something I'm badly allergic to... Other than kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are lucky to be spoken to, yes? Lucky to be alive, lucky to be able to go out into the sun and smile in the warmth of a new day - that is not something everyone can do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, hello Guess. First time I've seen you around here.

    And yes, I am lucky in all those ways. And I'll enjoy it for however long it lasts, because I know it may not last forever.

    ~~X~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very wise. Perhaps you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will always succeed, one way or another. It just all depends on the way I look at things.

    ~~X~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen. Every cloud has a silver lining... Even if we can't see it sometimes...

    ReplyDelete